WAVE are seeking to recruit a facilitator for the latest phase of ‘Stories from Silence’. Stories from Silence is an online oral history project where victims and survivors of the ‘Troubles’ record their stories of loss and/or injury. The stories are professionally recorded, edited and up loaded onto the WAVE website, with an accompanying photograph. A copy of the recording is also given to each participant. Once the phase is complete the project will be launched with the families of those who have taken part.
- To recruit a minimum of 20 participants onto the project
- To work within WAVE’s ethical framework for recording stories
- To make a high quality recording of each participant
- To edit each story down to 5-6 minutes for use on the web
- To format the stories ready for uploading onto the Stories from Silence page on the WAVE Website
- To design a front page for the stories (this will be in keeping with WAVE’s corporate style)
- To take a photograph of each participant for use on the Stories from Silence page
- To make a copy available of each recording
- To get the consent of each participant
- To participate in and organise the launch of the latest phase of Stories from Silence. This will include procuring an appropriate venue with refreshments.
From start to finish the project should be completed by 31st August 2022
As a minimum requirement the successful candidate should have a third level education qualification in journalism, media, social media or equivalent qualification.
Essential skills will include;
- Proven track record of initiating Oral History projects
- Ability to work with vulnerable people
- Good communication skills
- Good at interviewing victims of trauma
- Good knowledge of social media
- Computer skills – uploading stories onto the WAVE Website
- Ability to edit hour long stories into 5-6 minutes without losing the essence of what participants are saying
- Organisational skills
- Experience of working on similar projects
- Awareness of the ‘Troubles’ on individuals and communities
Please include a current CV and submit a proposal of no longer than 2 A4 pages.
Further information on the programme can be provided by contacting:
5 Chichester Park South
Antrim Road, Belfast
Tel: 02890 779922
Closing date is Friday 20th May 2022